How do you cut an oversized shirt?
- Cut the collar off at the stitching.
- Snip the cut-off collar apart to make a long strip.
- Cut the front of the collar lower if you want a more feminine touch.
- Cut the sleeves off, starting a least 1 inch (2.5 cm) below the armpit.
- Pinch the back of the shirt to create a racerback shape.
How do you cut fabric for top?
Fold the fabric lengthwise selvage to selvage. Then Keep a wide ruler along the cut edge, with a side flush with the selvage. Cut off the fabric above the ruler. Another easy way is to fold up the selvages diagonally so that the straight edge of the selvage will form the top straight edge.