How do you make a side slit?
- Pin your side seams right sides together.
- Sew the side seams together and stop at the mark indicating the beginning of the slit.
- Trim the side seam allowance to 3/8” but stop 1” (2.5 cm) before the end of the stitch line.
- Serge or zigzag the side seam raw edges together to prevent the fabric from fraying.
How do you sew a slit in a dress?
- Finish the Seam Where You Want the Slit.
- Measure Where to Place the Slit.
- Mark the Top of the Slit.
- Sew the Seam to the Mark.
- Press the Seam Allowance Open to Hem.
- Mark the Top Edge.
- Pin the Seam Allowance.
- Sew the First Side of the Slit.
What does split hem mean?
The split hem are 2 side slits on the top layer (colored layer) of the dress. The bottom layer underneath does not have side slits. it means two layers.of one color or it could be two colors if it is split into two, depends on how many split hems.
How do you cut the side seams of jeans to fit boots?
Unroll the legs of the jeans and cut along the back side of the inner and outer seams of each leg using a pair of fabric scissors. This small cut will fit the taper of your boots perfectly.