Can you use regular scissors to cut a shirt?
Regular scissors will do the trick, but you’ll see that your cuts will not be as clean and nice as they would be if you had used fabric scissors. Invest in a pair of scissors if you’re going to be doing a lot of these T-shirt conversions.
How do you make a long shirt dress?
- Fold your t-shirt in half and place on the fold of your fabric.
- Fold the top of the pocket down 1″ toward the wrong side and press.
- Place pocket on top of front dress pattern in desired location and pin, with the right side facing up.
- Place front and back dress right sides together matching up all seams.
How do you change clothes that are too big?
There are three common ways to fix loose armholes:
- First, add a dart from the bust apex of the dress by pinching the fold on the wrong side of the fabric, then sew the fold.
- Second, add a band or binding by easing an extra fabric into the armhole.
- Third, add decorative lingerie elastic and sew it around the armhole.