How can I shorten my sleeves without cutting them?
How to Shorten Long Sleeves
- First, put the shirt on your kid.
- Then mark where you want the sleeve to hit.
- Measure about an inch down and mark the sleeve again.
- Fold the shirt in half and pin it together at the shoulder seams and so the sleeves are laying on top of each other.
- Turn your sleeve under and hem.
Can a long sleeve shirt be made into a short sleeve shirt?
Making a long-sleeved shirt into a short-sleeved shirt is a very basic pattern modification, but there is a neat trick to making your sleeve hems behave. Don’t forget that there will be half an inch allowed for the sleeve head seam, so either measure down from the stitching line, or add that ½” onto your measurement.
What is a capped sleeve?
Cap Sleeves are a specific style of short sleeve that are cut and seamed to fit on the shoulder and taper to nothing underneath the arm. This style is usually not as loose as a standard short sleeve T-shirt, but more like a small umbrella — or cap — covering the shoulder.