How do you make a ladies collar for a shirt?
- Add Fusible Interfacings to Collar Pieces.
- Sew the Long Collar Seam.
- Sew the Short Edge Seams.
- Trim and Turn.
- Press the Collar.
- Attach the Collar to the Collar Stand.
- Trim the Seam Allowances on the Collar Stand.
- Press Your Collar Again.
How do I start sewing for beginners?
Six Steps to Starting Sewing
- Get a sewing machine. Whether you buy, thrift, rent or borrow it, you’ll obviously need to get your hands on a sewing machine.
- Gather a basic toolkit.
- Learn to use your machine.
- Choose your first project.
- Buy some fabric.
- Get sewing!
What is shirt collar?
In clothing, a collar is the part of a shirt, dress, coat or blouse that fastens around or frames the neck. A collar may be permanently attached to the main body of the garment (e.g. by stitching) or detachable.