How do you draft a shirt pattern?
Drafting the Front of the Shirt
- Prepare Your Paper. Begin with a piece of paper about 4″ longer than the length of your shirt, and at least 2″ wider than your quarter-bust or hip.
- Plot the Length.
- Plot the Shoulder.
- Plot the Hip.
- Plot the Waist.
- Plot the Bust Line.
- Plot the Neck Points.
- Add Shoulder Slope.
How do you make a ladies collar for a shirt?
- Add Fusible Interfacings to Collar Pieces.
- Sew the Long Collar Seam.
- Sew the Short Edge Seams.
- Trim and Turn.
- Press the Collar.
- Attach the Collar to the Collar Stand.
- Trim the Seam Allowances on the Collar Stand.
- Press Your Collar Again.
How do I start sewing for beginners?
Six Steps to Starting Sewing
- Get a sewing machine. Whether you buy, thrift, rent or borrow it, you’ll obviously need to get your hands on a sewing machine.
- Gather a basic toolkit.
- Learn to use your machine.
- Choose your first project.
- Buy some fabric.
- Get sewing!