How do you make a men’s shirt pattern?
Add an inch to the back at each line if you’re doing a yoke. Use the French curve to shape the tails of the shirt, with a right angle at point J and tapering into line E at point K. Add 2 3/8″ along center front for a placket. Add desired seam allowances to neck edges, shoulder seams, armscye, side seams.
How do I start sewing for beginners?
Six Steps to Starting Sewing
- Get a sewing machine. Whether you buy, thrift, rent or borrow it, you’ll obviously need to get your hands on a sewing machine.
- Gather a basic toolkit.
- Learn to use your machine.
- Choose your first project.
- Buy some fabric.
- Get sewing!
How do you make a long shirt dress?
- Fold your t-shirt in half and place on the fold of your fabric.
- Fold the top of the pocket down 1″ toward the wrong side and press.
- Place pocket on top of front dress pattern in desired location and pin, with the right side facing up.
- Place front and back dress right sides together matching up all seams.