How do you cut the perfect shirt collar?
- Add Fusible Interfacings to Collar Pieces.
- Sew the Long Collar Seam.
- Sew the Short Edge Seams.
- Trim and Turn.
- Press the Collar.
- Attach the Collar to the Collar Stand.
- Trim the Seam Allowances on the Collar Stand.
- Press Your Collar Again.
How do you make a collar stand for a shirt?
Follow the steps below to make the perfect collar!
- Lay collar pieces face-to-face and stitch around the outer edge of collars.
- Press lower edge of outer collar stand upwards to secure seam allowance.
- Place collar between collar stands and stitch together.
- Turn to face and press neatly.
What is shirt collar?
In clothing, a collar is the part of a shirt, dress, coat or blouse that fastens around or frames the neck. A collar may be permanently attached to the main body of the garment (e.g. by stitching) or detachable.