Just follow these steps:
- Double your thread and tie a knot at the ends.
- Position your button in line with the button hole.
- Push your needle and thread through the underside of the fabric until it stops at the knot.
- Pass the needle through one button hole and then the other.
2 Hole. Flat buttons that have 2 small holes in the center to sew through. The holes are typically lined up parallel to the edge that it is fastening.
Making a Button Shank
- Using 2 strands of floss or thread bring the needle up through the material where you want your button positioned.
- Make 1 small secure stitch.
- Position the button in place.
- Sew the button in place going over the toothpicks on top of the button.
What is the meaning of Button Hole?
Accost or detain a person in conversation. For example, The reporter tried to buttonhole the senator, but she got away. This term is a metaphor for literally grasping someone by a buttonhole on his or her clothing. [