How do you sew the sides of a shirt?
With the right- sides still facing, fold the bottom edge up according to your original seam allowance. Pin or press the fold in place, then stitch around the opening. Make sure that you only stitch the hem in place. Do not sew the front and back sides of the shirt together.
How do I start sewing for beginners?
Six Steps to Starting Sewing
- Get a sewing machine. Whether you buy, thrift, rent or borrow it, you’ll obviously need to get your hands on a sewing machine.
- Gather a basic toolkit.
- Learn to use your machine.
- Choose your first project.
- Buy some fabric.
- Get sewing!
How do you sew a neckline on a shirt?
- Start With the Shoulders. Before you sew the neck binding, sew the shoulder seams.
- Sew the Neck Binding. Sew a short seam by folding the binding in half, right sides together, then stitching at the pattern’s seam allowance.
- Pin the Neck.
- Keep Pinning.
- Get Out Your Machine.
- Finish Off the Seam.